Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

The One With The List's Update

Our Magical To Do List Update

So this whole checklist thing is really fun, however, I am realizing the more I cross off the more I add to the list!

1. Pick a baby name.......impossible
*Sooooo close...I blame Mr. Gator on this one. We finally decided on a name and then he called the baby by the wrong name when he was talking to him, so that opened a can of worms.....

2. Register at the hospital.......every 1st and 3rd Saturday, looks like we are registering Feb. 2
*So excited about our hospital and nurses, both seem really great!

3. Make a birth plan.......call the stork and have him deliver quickly. done.

4. Find a pediatrician.......there's like a million of them! How do you choose!

5. Get and put bedding on crib.......so that would mean we have to take everything we've been storing out of the crib?
*Just like I took credit for being a certain amount of weeks and 1/2, I will certainly take credit and say we ordered the rest of our bedding (thanks to some lovely hosts from shower one and my mom!)

6. Install the car seat.......first we have to get a car seat, this should probably be listed as #1
*Thanks mom!!!

7. Set up diaper changing station....... get a diaper changing station

8. Find newborn outfit.......impossible. For girl however...easy peasy
*So basically mom has crossed more of these off then a certain soon to be gator daddy :)

9. Get sharing snacks for the hospital.......ahhh look how sweet, Megan is sharing

10. Get snacks that I won't be sharing for the hospital :).......no statement needed

11. Pack baby bag.......hmmm how to pack for someone you have never met....interesting

12. Pack diaper bag.......so there's diapers, wipes and....
* I am going to say maybe this is packed correctly and has everything I need in it

13. Pack my Bag.......do I plan for everything to happen smoothly or for a not so grea
t scenario?

14. Pack Mr. Gator's bag.......easy peasy

15. Nail up bathtub.......leaving this one to Mr. Gator
*And Mr. Gator gets to cross one off whoop!

Lindsey- this is what a nailed up bathtub looks like!

16. Set up baby monitor.......and this one too
*Walkie talkies until the baby comes....I think so!

17. Buy straw for tervis.......very important task
* Can you believe they only sell lids in packs of 4 and straws in packs of 6....this wouldn't be that big of a deal if I had more cups, but I have two cups and one already has a lid and no place to store any of them.

18. Find and buy a rocker.......this actually should be find a spot for a rocker in our apt and then get one that fits

New Additions!
19. Buy crib mattress cover.....not that our baby gator would ever have an accident in there, it is more for the dust

20. Buy changing pad cover....see above comment
*Anyone know a good place to get them, our target had three not so fun options...

21. Buy a humidifier.....because the poor baby's nose will get too dried out in the northeast

22. Buy a carseat cover......the bright sun and babies don't mix well neither does snow

22. Buy a baby wrap......I am all about the multitasking (anyone know of a good place to get one?)

1 comment:

  1. Matt still called Brazos and Sandy by the wrong names when they were born. He called both of them by their middle names at first, so the doctors and nurses were a bit confused on what their names were.

    Lindsey, I had no clue what a nailed up bathtub looked like either.

    And I have no clue what a tervis is.

    And yes, your baby will have accidents in bed. Those diapers seem to leak somehow and babies learn how to take them off somehow.

    And yes, you will get tired of everyone thinking they know more about how to raise a baby than you.

    I love reading your blog! {But I want to see more pictures.} ;)

    ReplyDelete