Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

See you in 3 weeks or less

Well....I wrote this at the beginning of last week and have struggled to post it because I am still struggling...


Last Tuesday was moving day. We currently are living in an empty apartment and sleeping on a blow up mattress and in a pack and play. I'll leave the guessing up to you for who is sleeping where.

If you are thinking about visiting us, which we would still love, plan on using the stairs as your table and the floor as your chair. Mr. Gator just realized we could have been using the angled closet underneath the stairs as a "guest bedroom" since a twin mattress would fit nicely in there. I'm very happy he just now realized this and not when we first moved in.

If you are thinking about robbing us, don't be silly, it's an empty apartment, unless you really want our scrapbooks. And if that's the case I will just make you one if you ask nicely. No need to take one of the seven objects in the apartment. 

We will be without our possessions for a total of about three or so weeks. Two weeks here and one week there. Surprisingly this little tidbit doesn't bother me. 

I do have the occasional thought that our truck will be the one truck that gets in a horrific accident. 

And for some reason they decided they would not pay to replace any of our items. 

Let's pray this doesn't happen.

Mr. Gator and I can't help but worry about the probability that something was broken during the move. Not because we are worrywarts, well Mr. G isn't at least, but there were a few too many crashing noises, boxes sliding down our stairs, and bumps and bruises on our furniture along the way for me to have any confidence in the well being of our things.

After feeding baby gator throughout the night after the move, I had a hard time going back to sleep worrying about it all. Each time I worried, I felt a little nudge reminding me that they are only things - and things don't matter at all in the next world. I also felt God asking me, "aren't I enough?" My reply was always yes, yes you are enough.... but it was still a struggle thinking of all our pretty things and the fact that we don't truly NEED them.

As I sit here trying to remember that God is enough, I know that are our things are most likely not broken and that we are so extremely blessed to have gone through this situation rather than an actual devastation (flood, hurricane, tornado, fire) like so many others have gone through recently.

Matthew 6:28-33
28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment